Do any of these statements describe you?
- I need help visually defining my brand.
- I need photographs of my work and I don't know where to start.
- I am struggling with how to showcase my work online.
- I want to start a blog but I have no idea what I want it to look like.
If so, then this post is for you!
No matter what you do or make, it's imperative that your work looks amazing and unique, but sometimes it's hard to get started. One of our fortes is pinpointing exactly what makes each of our clients unique and how to share that compelling story with words and images. The journey to defining the mood of your brand often starts by not looking inward, but rather by collecting images from your world that stand out to you or inspire you. What is your taste? What colors are you drawn to? You see everything in your unique way and no one can replicate your taste and vision.
To get started, give yourself the following *fun* assignments:
1. Start some private Pinterest boards. This is a great way to create a visual archive where you can store images that strike you as you come across them. Perhaps you are looking to start photographing your products; start a board that collects beautiful images that can inspire your future product shots. Or maybe you need a new logo but words aren't enough to share with your designer; start a board that collects colors, fonts, imagery and more that you feel truly represent notions of your brand. Go on some Pinning sprees and then analyze your boards to get on the track to creating your own beautiful visuals.
2. Take your own photographs. We all have high quality cameras with us all the time: our phones. Whether you choose to post photos on Instagram or keep to yourself, photographing the moments in your life that exemplify your work and your brand is an amazing place to start defining who you are visually. If given the same subject, an entire group of people will take a different image when given the chance to stop and look. Give yourself an assignment to take a photograph a day that represents your brand and your work. This will be fodder for future visuals and even future blog posts!
With all of this, have fun! You're at a really exciting point in your journey to telling your unique story to the world about what you do. If we can be of any help along the way, let us know! This is our passion.